Thursday, December 1, 2016

Stardust


I’ve never aspired to be a star other than dreaming of walking in a fancy dress and my most comfortable slippers on a red carpet. In dreams it sounds like fun, especially when my main purpose would be to test my slippers for carpet walking along with other like-minded carpet walkers. Such experience for real however, could turn out to be very different. I prefer walking in peace and just thinking of a red carpet event that comes with large crowds, much shouting and blinding lights gives me the shivers. 

And yet, I’ve got my 2 minutes of fame years ago during grocery shopping at a big supermarket. It was a hot day and I was wearing a simple summer outfit: a brown sleeveless shirt, khaki shorts, string sandals and a straw hat.


When the first couple of people stopped to look at me, I thought there was something wrong with my clothes. I checked myself from head to toe for a stain from something embarrassing like bird droppings. Did I manage to spill coffee on my shorts? I found nothing. Or was it about my hat? As I walked around, more people stopped to take a look at me. I kept blaming my hat since that was the only thing that made me stick out of the crowd. ‘Okay,’ I said to myself, ‘no one has a hat on. But haven’t these folks seen a straw hat before?' It would turn out weeks later that on that day, I was wearing the exact replica of an outfit worn by a contestant of a new reality show. 


No comments:

Post a Comment