Saturday, November 5, 2016

The Color Blue


Water is an ambitious project by Mustafah Abdulaziz, an award winning New York photographer.
His images make me reevaluate what my consumption would be like if I had to walk to a well for my daily needs of water and carry the load home – just like my grandmother did.

Having access to running water 24/7 when access simply means turning a handle, taking it for granted might come naturally to most. But easy access overshadows the problem with availability. Water shortage is a serious problem that affects many parts of the world – even some of those previously have thought to be water-secure.


From the series of images the one that caught my eye is the one with three Pakistani women hauling water from a well; their concentrated effort and graceful movements. I know I would wear a pair of old jeans in a situation like this and can't help but admire how pretty their dresses are. 


If you are as concerned about the issue as I am and willing to team up to do something, please feel free to get in touch with me. I have a few ideas, but I don’t know how to proceed, and I can't do much on my own. If you like colors as much as I do, let's do something for the color blue.


No comments:

Post a Comment