Monday, February 1, 2016

Winter


As I walked through an underpass yesterday, I heard a violin solo. It was a classical piece too good to be coming from an amateur street musician. I just knew I had to stop and listen to it. I changed my course to get closer to see the performer. With his eyes half-closed, he was fully absorbed in the music. I wanted to tip him, but had no money with me. I had to cross the underpass to get some and walk all the way back to the violin case that lay open a few feet away from him on the ground. I dropped a handful of change in the case. He nodded without looking up.
 





I wish I knew what he wore, but I was too captivated by his music to see his outfit. What I remember though is his winter coat. He wore a heavy black winter coat partially open. It was an especially cold night. I was shivering. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment