Monday, February 22, 2016

Unwearable Knitwear





This is my first attempt at knitting with extra thick wool and I decided on to use 5 needles. I had a failed attempt years ago at trying to make socks. Now I wanted to make what else but socks again to face my demons. It proved to be a challenge. I was told that I am using the wrong size needle for the yarn. What I've produced is a tube shape which is what I wanted. It looks fine. I tried it on. It even bends but more like pipe insulation material than a piece of garment. I need to unravel the whole thing and start over. What a drag. The project will take twice as long to complete, but next time I'll know what needle size to pick for my left-over yarn. 
 

The only other option would be to leave my half-finished piece as is and use it for pipe insulation. 

 

2 comments:

  1. I love creating things, but the frustrating part is when things go wrong and you need to take it apart and start again - or worse, abandon the project. I bought a pretty chiffon to make myself a kimono top, messed up with cutting one of the pattern pieces, and am now short of fabric. Thinking about whether I want to complete the project with solid contrast sleeves or just let it go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do not be too hard on yourself. Great things can be created by mistake.

    ReplyDelete