Monday, May 11, 2015

Aiming for the Stars






A long time ago, I had this dream to go to the Moon and walk around there (more like float a short distance) and take a good look at the Earth and like real astronauts do -- marvel at its beauty. But now I know that for me the whole idea of going to the Moon just to look around makes no sense. Even if I could wear a bulky spacesuit and survived in it, I couldn't justify my presence up there as a mere Earth watcher.

Did I have tonnes of money and a real chance to burn it on a space trip, I still would want to stay down here. How about if I just look upon the sky at night to marvel at the Moon and see the stars shine? And in the meantime, I can walk around in my pajamas and take a deep breath with no need to wear protective gear. And I can do that again and again as many times as I want to. How lucky is that?



No comments:

Post a Comment