Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Model of Shoes



Copenhagen -- Part Seven








My friendly shoe model, an employee at a downtown boutique. Curious about the ongoing conversation, he walked out to the front of the store. I got that big smile. Watching in surprise, my friend couldn't help but giggle to learn about my interest that seemed a bit odd to her. I got two seconds to take the shot.

And hygge, all around again: an atmosphere; not feeling like a stranger but being at ease; open conversations -- not just simply being nice and friendly. A dance party on the street stretching into the night. New dads pushing strollers. Waves and waves of bikers with kids and dogs. A conversation with a stranger as if you were old friends. A young family on roller skates, with the father explaining to me how proud he is to be a Dane. And how contempt content he is to be able to live for his dreams. A girl on a boat with a whistle in her mouth, dancing and waving to everyone who'd care to notice.

Note to self: Ooh you lousy phonetics! I just wrote contempt for content. There is a teeny-weeny difference there in meaning. D'ohh! Don't mind that the Danes are the happiest people in Europe.

No comments:

Post a Comment