Monday, December 8, 2014

Unfathomable Perfection


It's been a long time for me to learn that there are more important things than being perfect. What is perfection? I'd had such a hard time grasping the concept that I decided to write the blog in my second language to show my imperfections and face my limits in the most obvious way possible. So I can't help but make mistakes. And I can't even see them all. I just know they are there somewhere. They must be. I know they are there and that makes me itchy. Or crazy. Temporarily crazy, that is. {Insert my crazy laugh here.}

Like when I wrote 'whole' instead of 'hole'. It took me several rounds to spot that. Quite a difference for you, invisible and non-existent for me. At least for a few days or weeks. Sometimes even months. I just corrected the very first error in the very first entry I wrote a couple of years ago. It seems I invented a new time frame for an old tense.

No matter how much I loath it, I must face each and every mistake I make -- suppose I can actually see them. Is there a more self-torturous act for a perfectionist? What I am aiming to achieve here is to become a former perfectionist.

No comments:

Post a Comment