Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Dream Makers

I'd like to dedicate this post for the people behind the documentary The Light That Shines. It's an amazing group of young talents who volunteered their time and expertise to make Jill's dream come true. They deserve all the credit they can get for their efforts.




Producer/Photographer: Sue Bryce
Australian Portrait Photographer of the Year 2011 & 2012

Director/Cinematographer: Hailey Bartholomew

Editor: Digby Hogan
"I don't think I've cried so much editing one piece."

Sound/Assistant: Roweena Timson

Sound Mix: Ross Battern; Hair & Makup: Sarah Smith



Here is Carol's take on the story:

There must be many of us touched by Jill's story on a personal level - either having a loved one fighting the disease or knowing someone who has it.

It gives me the chills to think about cancer. To tell you the truth, I wouldn't have the courage to do what Jill did. She'd revealed her scars to a photographer and, through her images, to the world. She wasn't shy. Let's be honest, she did something that many women even in perfectly good health dare not to do - she courageously rose above her situation by accepting her body just the way it is.

I keep a black-and-white poster in my room that comes with a simple caption "Fashion makes you free". I think that fashion did help Jill feel free. It helps me too, to keep being myself and see beauty in everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment