Thursday, January 10, 2013

Deadwood

Deadwood is a 36-episode television series which aired on HBO for three seasons from 2004 through 20006. It's the story of a gold mining town, Deadwood, South Dakota and its inhabitants in the late 1800s. Written by David Milch.




When I saw the first episode on DVD a couple of years ago, I was awestruck. I knew it was something special. Aside from the fascinating story line, intense language and brilliant acting what captivated me the most were the costumes.


Soon I learned that the last episode of the second season “Boy the Earth Talks to,” won an Emmy award for costume design. In a short interview costume designer Janie Bryant reveals how many people were involved in creating the looks, what the challenges were and just how much she loved the job.


No comments:

Post a Comment