Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Thrift Store Find

After reading the label, I realized why the little dress was put on the leftover sales rack with a 50% off sticker on it. The strange symbol on the care label indicated that it was dry clean only. 




I thought I would give it a try anyway. I washed it in cold water and nothing bad happened.
It didn't shrink or fade. I ironed it gently when still damp on low temperature. 






According to the label it's 55% polyester and 45% viscose. I prefer natural fibers to synthetic, but I love the color, and it cost next to nothing.  

Dress, Gina Benotti

Earrings, Handmade by me

 

2 comments:

  1. Great thrift find - and I didn't know you made jewelry! Those earrings are lovely. :)
    p.s. - I nominated you for a Sunshine Award on my blog. See my blog for details. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. The earrings are a bit wobbly in 3D, just like my ears, so it's not a big deal. :) I've been designing earrings forever, but I've only made a few. It's high time to see your blog. I'll see it tomorrow. Thanks for the p.s.

      Delete