Sunday, October 7, 2012

In My Eyes




I went to the mall to see a fashion show. I liked it, but the music was close to unbearable thanks to the volume. It was so loud that I felt the floor vibrate under my feet. Usually I have a pair of earplugs in my bag for such an emergency, but this time I couldn't find it. Taken into account that I'd already missed the first fifteen minutes, I decided to stay.


I still don't understand why the technicians set the volume so high. They had heavy equipment fit for a huge stadium. It was as if they wanted to attack us with sound bombs and blast our ears off. First I tried to cover my ears with my hands. And then I desperately stuffed some kleenex in them. It wasn't a very bright idea, but it was more than nothing. My ears kept throbbing long after the show.


When music is close to deafening, I find it hard to concentrate. I wish I could have asked the sound technicians if I really needed any other sense organs beyond the eye for viewing their fashion show! If I did have a chance to ask them, I am sure they couldn't have heard my question.




No comments:

Post a Comment